RT-Imports recent shipment of surplus 30-06 M2 ball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Original production M2, on clips, in bandoliers, and still sealed in cans is hard to find these days and easily goes for well over $1.00 a round....it'll sell.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a gun nerd here with and not a super hard-core mil-surp collector. So please be gentle when answering the next couple of questions.
( I understand the historical aspect and the fact this ammo is in enbloc bandoliers in sealed tins and is "Garand safe". That is awesome.)

1- Do they shoot this ammo or is it Kept as part of the collection as a conversation piece?

2- For those who do shoot this ammo, What is the ftf rate?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Original production M2, on clips, in bandoliers, and still sealed in cans is hard to find these days and easily goes for well over $1.00 a round....it'll sell.

It may, but I doubt it’ll go fast. I’ve shot some 1950s Twin Cities 30-06 M2 ball, and had a few FTF’s. Of course it’ll depend heavily on how the ammo was stored over the years, but considering this stuff is coming from Africa, I wouldn’t expect performance on a par with 1970s HXP.
Kinda surprizing that the cmp did not get that stuff!

Offer them $90! 😁

The ammo probably came from a country that doesn’t recognize obligations under the MAP or which claims they bought the ammo. Same with the Korean M1 Garands in the past couple of years.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a gun nerd here with and not a super hard-core mil-surp collector. So please be gentle when answering the next couple of questions.
( I understand the historical aspect and the fact this ammo is in enbloc bandoliers in sealed tins and is "Garand safe". That is awesome.)

1- Do they shoot this ammo or is it Kept as part of the collection as a conversation piece?

Of course, I can’t speak for others, but personally, I wouldn‘t buy a whole can of this stuff simply for a collection. It’s just too expensive, but I might buy a clip containing 8 rounds. As for shooting it, at their price and with unknown reliability, I‘d look for Greek HXP or for commercial Garand-safe ammo.

I can’t recall the exact FTF rate when I shot some 100 rounds of 1950s TW, but it was considerably higher than the Greek HXP from the late 1960s through late 1970s that I’ve shot.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most made before 1957 is corrosive primed so gun should be cleaned accordingly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom