Ruger 10/22 with BULL BARREL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a beautiful gun! My boy doesn't understand my attraction to bull barrels, he always complains that they just add weight and make them hard to carry. I think that aside from (arguably) making them more accurate, they just make them look 10 times better.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Lizard, glad you like it...

I just finished building a .17 HM2 that is this guns identical twin. The only difference between the two, is that I drilled a cleaning port in the back of the receiver, so I don't have to remove the barrel for cleaning...

I believe this is now THE most accurate rimfire I have ever owned - that is, as far as semi-autos are concerned....

DAVID

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, that thing looks wicked. I've been thinking a Boyd stock like that would be a nice upgrade over my 10/22's Hogue overmold. I love the cut and free float on those things!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without spending an arm and a leg for a full custom made stock, this particular stock fit my needs quite nicely. Me personally though, I don't shoot anything with a sporter weight barrel and the design of this stock allowed me to make use of one of my bull barrels, without having to turn the barrel down to a smaller diameter. The weight and balance are perfect and this is actually a gun than can be carried all day, without being overly heavy or cumbersome....

DAVID

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Lizard, glad you like it...

I just finished building a .17 HM2 that is this guns identical twin. The only difference between the two, is that I drilled a cleaning port in the back of the receiver, so I don't have to remove the barrel for cleaning...

I believe this is now THE most accurate rimfire I have ever owned - that is, as far as semi-autos are concerned....

DAVID

I've been reading and found information (and a bolt) for turning a 10/22 into a 10/17 and really want an HM2 on a 10/22 platform. The barrel isn't expensive, but I wonder what the work will cost? I like the Mach2 cartridge, even though it's really hard to find right now. I have to admit that just the look of that tiny bore in a bull barrel gives me a sense of satisfaction. I used to like the big boys (I still like my H&R Buffalo), but now I go with the small bores.

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the 10/22 a few weeks back. Now I think I'll go ahead and get the bolt assembly and the barrel. When I have both of them, I'll come looking for you. I haven't decided what I'll do about the stock. I like the Green Mountain 1.06" barrel and don't really want it turned down to fit into a .920" stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom