Ruger 22/45 MK III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a new Ruger pistol for Christmas and I was wondering what you guys thought about them...

It is a Ruger 22/45 MK III in stainless steel with a 5 1/2" bull barrel...

Doing a trigger job on this pistol was easy. I've got it down to a very smooth 18 ounces - much better than factory...

Are any of you guys scoping your pistols or mounting red dots? What kind of scope or red dot are you using???

Me personally, I wish the grip was a bit wider but, overall, the balance and feel is pretty good....

D&T

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
18 oz is pretty light for a MK III trigger...

1. did you check sear angles are still positive?
2. did you do a slam test with hammer cocked

if your trigger job passes both tests... then excellent trigger job... otherwise DANGER...

I got a new Ruger pistol for Christmas and I was wondering what you guys thought about them...

It is a Ruger 22/45 MK III in stainless steel with a 5 1/2" bull barrel...

Doing a trigger job on this pistol was easy. I've got it down to a very smooth 18 ounces - much better than factory...

victor152

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've used a Millett Red Dot and a Mueller Reflex. Both work well, but I tend to lose the dot easier in the Millet because of the tube. I shoot steel challenge so quick target sighting is a must.

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af187_mws53_Photos_20for_20posting_IMG_0736_1.jpg
ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af187_mws53_Photos_20for_20posting_IMG_0737_1.jpg

I've now switched to this, which is the lower part of the above pistol with a PacLite barrel/receiver with compensator.

ai1006.photobucket.com_albums_af187_mws53_Photos_20for_20posting_IMG_0749_1.jpg

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bsmith918 - I have owned several of the original 22/45's and really liked them alot but, after "reworking" them and scoping them, somebody would always come along and offer me more money than what I had tied up in everything and I'd let it go and eventually get another one and start all over again....

ssgrock3 - I did not take any pictures of the trigger job. I just stripped everything down, honed, stoned and polished all the connecting links, sear, trigger etc., etc....

CY - I thoroughly tested everything and after running 300 rounds through it today, there was "0" malfunctions and no problems what-so-ever....

GlockPride - I'm just not into making those kinds of modifications. I guess I'll just leave the grip as is....

victor152 - I really like that bottom Ruger you got posted there - VERY NICE!

D&T

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
I added a pachmyer rubber sleeve over the grip. It did require some trimming to keep it out of the way of the magwell. It provides me with a much more secure grip, and added some width making it feel very much like my glocks which I typically use for IDPA and carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom