Ruger GP100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative.

If you release the trigger (after pulling it) while lowering the hammer it will return to it's starting position.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I was lightly touching the trigger as I lowered the hammer, but I've been unable to get the hammer to catch when trying to make it happen.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What not to get.

I ordered that for my 3" GP in may. I want to try something from El Paso Saddlery. And since the last rig didn't work so hot, I think I may try the whole shebang. Here's the holster I want to try, the Double Agent. It's a two position, strong side or cross draw. The cross draw would be good for appendix carry, or when in the car.

Dustin has a IWB 5shot leather for his 1911, I've got a K&D IWB for my Sig and an Andrews OWB for an N frame S&W. Bulbboy has used Black Hills Leather and El Paso Saddlery. There's always Milt Sparks that everyone has done well with.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What not to get.

I ordered that for my 3" GP in may. I want to try something from El Paso Saddlery. And since the last rig didn't work so hot, I think I may try the whole shebang. Here's the holster I want to try, the Double Agent. It's a two position, strong side or cross draw. The cross draw would be good for appendix carry, or when in the car.

Dustin has a IWB 5shot leather for his 1911, I've got a K&D IWB for my Sig and an Andrews OWB for an N frame S&W. Bulbboy has used Black Hills Leather and El Paso Saddlery. There's always Milt Sparks that everyone has done well with.

You might want to try EPS's Tortillia rig. I have one for my 3" 624, she's a sweet ride!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not fond of the the thumb break, but the Street Combat and the Crosshair both look very similar minus the thumb break. Good to hear from someone that carries a revolver in them. I'll bet the 3" 624 actually weighs a little less than a 4" GP100.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not fond of the the thumb break, but the Street Combat and the Crosshair both look very similar minus the thumb break. Good to hear from someone that carries a revolver in them. I'll bet the 3" 624 actually weighs a little less than a 4" GP100.

It does even when loaded. I carry the GP100 in a Bianchi Cyclone, or a flap holster I had made. She is strictly a field gun matched up with my Marlin 1894C. Didn't get any pic's out shooting her this weekend, but ran about 50rnd of GaArms 158gr GD deerslayer loads through her, very smooth.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I ordered another 5 Shot for my GP100. I got the new LFA-1 model on his website. 12 weeks is a long wait but worth it. www.5shotleather.com.

John is a really nice guy. He has always been quick to answer my emails and is always helpful in them. I can't bring myself to buy any other leather.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_holster006gd6.jpg

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_holster008mm6.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom