Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle 223 Stainless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is very true. And some people have convinced themselves that the AR-15 is a quality rifle, even given its origin as a cheaply made piece of industrial engineering. There is no accounting for taste.

Very true!! I actually prefer an M1 Carbine for a short range rifle with an M1 Garand for when I want to reach out there. Yeah I lugged an M16/M4 around for 20+ years in the US Army, but that doesn't mean I liked it. Both the M1's are a hell of a lot more fun to play with than the Mattie-Mattel!!!

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very true!! I actually prefer an M1 Carbine for a short range rifle with an M1 Garand for when I want to reach out there. Yeah I lugged an M16/M4 around for 20+ years in the US Army, but that doesn't mean I liked it. Both the M1's are a hell of a lot more fun to play with than the Mattie-Mattel!!!
That's an opinion, not a truth

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I love this gun. It's on my new wish list but it may be a wish unfulfilled. That's exactly the one I want from crown to butt.
NICE.
I like the concept, they are fun to shoot. That is certain. There are a few things about the Ruger I don't like though.
1. I like the 18in barrel, but not the 16in one. The 16in feels like it vibrates the hell out of me, and I had heard others say that and thought WTF are you talking bout. Till I shot one anyway.
2. I still wanna see more caliber offerings. Every other Rifle made by Ruger has a nice line up of different calibers. Would really love on in 243, 6.5 or 260 Rem. 223, kinda don't see a point in it myself

I personally think they should have used the American receiver. That would lighten it some as well. A compact scout predator would be pretty kickass

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No thanks, PLFs are painful these days
YES they would be.....
www.supergrove.com_wp_content_uploads_2017_03_help_i_ve_fallenfdbb9c134479f835e3e0ecc264e6b356.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the concept, they are fun to shoot. That is certain. There are a few things about the Ruger I don't like though.
1. I like the 18in barrel, but not the 16in one. The 16in feels like it vibrates the hell out of me, and I had heard others say that and thought WTF are you talking bout. Till I shot one anyway.
2. I still wanna see more caliber offerings. Every other Rifle made by Ruger has a nice line up of different calibers. Would really love on in 243, 6.5 or 260 Rem. 223, kinda don't see a point in it myself

I personally think they should have used the American receiver. That would lighten it some as well. A compact scout predator would be pretty kickass

I also would love to see one in .243, and 7X57. This one I found on Ruger's site would make a nice platform for a scout rifle.
It comes in 7MM-08, 243, an .308 in RH and LH action with an 18"bbl weighing only 6lb, and an MSRP of 629.00 compared to Ruger's Scout which has an MSRP of 1100.00. Plus the Scout weighs in at around 7.5lbs, thats 1-1/2lbs difference. Granted it doesn't have any iron sights, but how often does a scope break?
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifleAllWeatherCompact/specSheets/6940.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom