Ruger LC9 - New Compact 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
However, the LC9 vs the PF-9...

LC9 is longer (6.00" vs 5.85"), taller (4.5" vs 4.3"), wider (0.90" vs 0.88"), and worst of all, heavier (17.1oz vs 12.7oz). 35% heavier! I'm just gonna hope that's loaded weight; if not... :puke:

Although I personally prefer not having a rail on a BUG type gun, some will consider that a bonus. And the LC9 does not have that.

Other than the weight, the differences are pretty much negligible at that point. I mean, if 0.02" in width prevents you from carrying it, you're doing it wrong. And the LC9 is smoother, combined with the lack of rail (no mil-spec snag point on the front), would give it the edge over the PF-9 in my book. Other than the weight.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, the LC9 vs the PF-9...

LC9 is longer (6.00" vs 5.85"), taller (4.5" vs 4.3"), wider (0.90" vs 0.88"), and worst of all, heavier (17.1oz vs 12.7oz). 35% heavier! I'm just gonna hope that's loaded weight; if not... :puke:

Although I personally prefer not having a rail on a BUG type gun, some will consider that a bonus. And the LC9 does not have that.

Other than the weight, the differences are pretty much negligible at that point. I mean, if 0.02" in width prevents you from carrying it, you're doing it wrong. And the LC9 is smoother, combined with the lack of rail (no mil-spec snag point on the front), would give it the edge over the PF-9 in my book. Other than the weight.

thank you for answering my questions that I was too lazy to research yet. All negligible difference IMO. The weight is bleh but oh well it is what it is. It appears to be a great mix of the LCP and SR series. Ruger might be learning (finally) :screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom