Ruger LCR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullittstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone shot one of these? Would like to know your thoughts on it. I am planning on getting one soon. I have watched several youtube videos on them but would like someone else's thoughts as well. Thanks

Jason

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought one for the wife after she complained of her K9 weighing too much. I put about 30 rounds through it and am impressed with its lack of muzzle flip with +P ammo. You feel a sharp push in the palm of your hand but it is straight back. It has a long double action trigger but is smooth. VERY light pistol but strong. I like it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the LCR, but do have the Keltec P3AT.
I work with two guys that bought the LCR, and have shot my P3AT. They liked the Keltec trigger pull better. They shot a hundred or so rounds out of theirs and decided they wanted to go bigger, but have commented if they went that way again they would do the Keltec.

If your sold on the LCR, go for it. Both mfg's have a good weapon out there. They are a belly gun, so at the ranges one would have to use them.....a 25 yd test by somebody would not be of any significance.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the LCR, but do have the Keltec P3AT.

Complete different animals. LCP and P3AT are similar.

I rented the LCR at H&H and was very impressed with the recoil and trigger. Bought the LCR and LCR-CrimsonTrace but soon realized I really am not a revolver guy. The LCR was super light in my SuperTuck and the draw was crazy smooth. Sold the Hogue grip LCR and the Crimson Trace version got lost in the snow storm with all the rest of my toys.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might also look @ the Smith & Wesson 642 its been around a little longer only 2 oz heavier and you can get speed loaders for it .VERY NICE GUN! you can get 3 different Crimson Trace grips for the Smith available on ebay @ $160-$200 new

Soonerfan19654

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Ruger LCR is a super gun for a small CC gun, if you're comfortable with having 5 rounds. Hopefully as time goes on there will be more grip and holster options available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom