PVC Hand Pump For Well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently installed a PVC hand pump in my well although I have city water and have the instructions to share should anyone want to create or make their own hand pump. One can make one probably for less than $80.00 using these instructions and watching youtube videos by adding to or deleting certain aspects of the pump. There are 24 pages and I'll post the first page. I'm not sure how many photos are allowed to be posted in one post. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll try and post the complete instructions.

Attachments

• 6E5E40AB-24FC-4800-8487-F02DE2E9E431.jpeg
    6E5E40AB-24FC-4800-8487-F02DE2E9E431.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would advise that people should each own and have a set up well draw bucket with adequate rope length to water, as a backbone to water retrieval out of a Water Well.

And if submersible pump in well to have adequate tools to pull the pipe and pump.

Pitless Adapter tools to pull well piping off of hung Pitless, and tools to take and pull off well head if not a Pitless setup.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would advise that people should each own and have a set up well draw bucket with adequate rope length to water, as a backbone to water retrieval out of a Water Well.

And if submersible pump in well to have adequate tools to pull the pipe and pump.

Pitless Adapter tools to pull well piping off of hung Pitless, and tools to take and pull off well head if not a Pitless setup.
Our well is in a pit with a lid over it. I've installed quick disconnect fittings to allow removal of the pump easily by hand. The water table is only about 10' below ground. I can see it without a flashlight. The pump and piping can be removed by hand. I've had to do it more than once when replacing pumps.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smart Man!
I have a 1000 gallon storage tank, a 13500 generator and 60 gallons of fuel stored with sabelizer and rotate fuel through the year, also keep vehicles full. A little over Two hrs of run time fills the storage tank. Have 12 volt pump to pressure to house. 6 Solar panels and 4 110 amp batteries to keep freezers going. Solar lights for lighting as well as back up oil lamps. Wood fireplace with 7 cords of wood stored.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck , they've been on backorder forever.
yep I have had mine probably 25 years.....still in the box it came in from Lehman's . That was the only place I ever found them. I remembered using one at my Grandmother's house when i was a kid. When I put in our well thought it would be a good backup item.

Latest posts

Top Bottom