Ruger MK IV Target vs 22/45 lite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My MK III 22/45 is pretty close to the 1911 ergowise so to me it's a no-brainer, but I love the 1911 grip angle, size and controls. The original Rugers are "glocklike" to me so you may like them better. And I could be wrong, but I thought the MK IVs were a snap to dis-assemble and clean? :anyone:

They ARE a snap to take down, clean and reassemble...how'd we get to this? I just wanna hear people's opinions on which is the better shooter for them. I shoot my MK IV target well; been looking to buy a 22/45 lite just cause.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They ARE a snap to take down, clean and reassemble...how'd we get to this? I just wanna hear people's opinions on which is the better shooter for them. I shoot my MK IV target well; been looking to buy a 22/45 lite just cause.
For me, the 22/45 lite is a lot better than the MK series. The main reasons are the grip angle and (on the older MKs) the magazine release. I haven't messed with the MK IVs, but they still have the same grip angle, so I'm not a fan. Plus, as far as I know, they don't make an MK with a threaded barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom