Ruger PC9 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvindadio

Reloader
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the police carbines in both 9mm and 40 S&W. They work great! Have not had a FTF or FTE on either of those with hundreds of rounds through each, even with using the happy sticks. They only accept the Ruger P series mags. I have referred to them as a 10/22 on steroids. I will probably get one of these take downs some day, but I would like a 45 as well. The Beretta CX4 in 45 is fun except Beretta never developed a mag with greater capacity than the Cougar 8 round for them.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the police carbines in both 9mm and 40 S&W. They work great! Have not had a FTF or FTE on either of those with hundreds of rounds through each, even with using the happy sticks. They only accept the Ruger P series mags. I have referred to them as a 10/22 on steroids. I will probably get one of these take downs some day, but I would like a 45 as well. The Beretta CX4 in 45 is fun except Beretta never developed a mag with greater capacity than the Cougar 8 round for them.

Beretta didn’t that I know of, but a company named Sierrapappa did.

http://sierrapapacx4.com/

They are EXPENSIVE!

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got 3 minutes into the Hickok video and had to stop.
That guy is so dull, it's amazing he has followers.

I see his videos as more for non gun people who suddenly become interested in one particular thing. As I’ve become significantly more knowledgeable over the last several years I’ve watched his videos less and less. Now I only watch for the “cowboy” type guns which are still quite informative to me as that is one of a few categories of firearms where I know less than he shares in the video.

Alvindadio

Reloader
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beretta didn’t that I know of, but a company named Sierrapappa did.

http://sierrapapacx4.com/

They are EXPENSIVE!
Yes they are! So is a trigger upgrade from there. Somewhat expected though since they wouldn't have much volume at those prices.
Timney and Geissele have no plans for trigger upgrades for the CX4s or the ARX 100. Granted there is not the number out there like other firearms, but a reasonablely priced option might sell better than expected.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they are! So is a trigger upgrade from there. Somewhat expected though since they wouldn't have much volume at those prices.
Timney and Geissele have no plans for trigger upgrades for the CX4s or the ARX 100. Granted there is not the number out there like other firearms, but a reasonablely priced option might sell better than expected.

There is an aftermarket company named Shootingsight making a trigger for the ARX100.