Ruger sr9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all think? I know it wasn't on my other thread but I went and had one in my hand and REALLY liked it. Plus the price isn't bad and for the cost of 9mm I think it's the best of all the worlds. LMK what you all think. And thanks for all the speedy and helpful replies!

Also, if anyone knows the cheapest place to get a new one locally lmk. I've found them for 400 online.

bwcaq

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the SR9. I've got a little over 4K rounds through mine with zero malfunctions. I like everything about it except for the mag release spring. It's a bit on the stiff side, but not a deal breaker at all. Some folks say that the trigger is too heavy, but I'm not in that camp myself. I saw something about a new spring coming out soon that will be a bit lighter if it was an issue for you.

It's reliable, slim, affordable, holds 18 rounds, spare mags are cheap...what's not to like?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine has been flawless. It was one of the first made, has had the upgrade done, and I've yet to have any of the issue's I've heard about. Magazines are made by MecGar, so you know they will work. The gun is very sleek, super slim for a gun the holds 17+1, and is on par with a Glock as far as accuracy goes, but has a better feeling to the grip, and the upper is stainless steel even in the blued/blackened slide version.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the best place to get these locally? Like okc~stillwater area? I've found them cheapest for 427 new in od green online. Will anyone match that around here? 460 is the going price in stores. I'm looking to buy new too in od green.

Latest posts

Top Bottom