Ruggedized tablet for survival

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the simple truth. If we get an EMP, lights out! All electronics=Game over. A lot of folks like to "prep" because it is "fun" or it's a hobby. There is nothing wrong with that at all. But remember, when the SHTF,(really) it's lights out. How long can you hide in a hole eating Vienna sausages and beans? What about when you are out of water? What will you do? Do you not think that the Gov/military have vehicles and helicopters that are resistant to the draining of an EMP, and utilize night/heat seeking capabilities? I suggest to you that people will be rounded up and carted to the FEMA camps that are already in place and shipped by rail car to the East Coast for "processing" ...... Yeah......... "Just let me slip this little pellet under the skin of your right hand..... Yeah, that's nice.... Don't worry, the government will take care of you"....................

Yeah. The government will take care of you alright..................................................

Naw, no way. Even my Xbox?

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO...

If the S really hits the proverbial fan those tablets with their bells and whistles won't be worth the roll of TP you'll be begging for when you run out.

How would you feel about having at your disposal every survival book ever written, Farmer's Almanac, recipes, you name it contained in a package that fits in your pocket that can be recharged by a 5"x7" solar panel?

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you the majority of USAF aircraft electronics and EW meassures are not 1005 emp proof, but the essentials are. Faraday cages will save small electronics or even a 10x10 garden shed made of metal, properly grounded will do the same, and have a "practical purpose". tablets/e-readers with solar or 12v/usb capabilities will be useful, communication gear to me is up there with TP, food, water in a SHTF scenerio. even in high tech surveilance world, the ability to single in on a radio source such as FRS unencrypted would take a bit longer than the gov would put towards the mountain men preppers.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would you feel about having at your disposal every survival book ever written, Farmer's Almanac, recipes, you name it contained in a package that fits in your pocket that can be recharged by a 5"x7" solar panel?

Well - even assuming that when the S really hits the fan and there was no EMP to take out that tablet it will eventually go teats up. Best to learn what ever survival skills you need now if that's your thang and pack the knowledge and experience away in your brain. The only way you'll lose it then is if you're DEAD. And then it won't really matter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom