• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Rusted project guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Please send progress pics on your gun. I love getting one that everyone says is a wall hanger and that's cool. I've done a few now, in varying state of disrepair, I've got them all to shoot and look outstanding. I try to make sure the furniture is matched and in ok shape (not one inch crack...ha) and nothing is rusted through (always take the stock off because that's where you will find the bad rust). I completely disassemble and long soak what needs to be, plan my project from first to last and start. I do not hurry on anything and often go back over stuff. Cool to work and watch tv or just do a bit when your bored. Remember that sandpaper is your friend and all cleaners are not good.
Have fun and share your progress.

Garrus Vakarian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Please send progress pics on your gun. I love getting one that everyone says is a wall hanger and that's cool. I've done a few now, in varying state of disrepair, I've got them all to shoot and look outstanding. I try to make sure the furniture is matched and in ok shape (not one inch crack...ha) and nothing is rusted through (always take the stock off because that's where you will find the bad rust). I completely disassemble and long soak what needs to be, plan my project from first to last and start. I do not hurry on anything and often go back over stuff. Cool to work and watch tv or just do a bit when your bored. Remember that sandpaper is your friend and all cleaners are not good.
Have fun and share your progress.

Absolutely,

Thank you for the tips, I will pass on.

The wife has researched this and it will really be her project, but I told her I would try to find a host on this board.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Absolutely,

Thank you for the tips, I will pass on.

The wife has researched this and it will really be her project, but I told her I would try to find a host on this board.
Remember, the project will take you to what it can be. Don't give up because it's eat through in places that can be wielded, sanded and be a great wall hanger. I worked on one for a friend that took up most of my summer. I did it just for fun because I'm not with that type of skill. But it would never be shot but the wood was good with some trench art and matching numbers. A metal buddy of mine got into the fray so nothing out of pocket. Turned out beautiful. Had to plug the barrel for a lot of reasons none was because of safety. When we got it to a point it was sanded as smooth as a babies butt, we used oven heat paint gloss. Cooked a few times and lots of coats. We did clean up the stock making sure not to take any of the trench art and legit dents. The stock took forever but was also a ball to do in very slow easy sanding with a ton of different grits.
Sometimes the trip makes the trip even better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom