• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK S&W 586 .357mag 4 inch For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have a nickel 581. I thought they were OHP issue in the 80’s? At least I’m pretty sure it’s a 581? I’ll look when I get back to the office.
I could be wrong but I don’t think the Troop ever issued 681’s or nickel guns. I know there was a commemorative model 66, but I don’t think it was issued. They did issue I believe model 65 or basically a heavy/bull barrel model 10 chambered in 357 mag. I thought that was the last wheel gun OHP issued but could be wrong. Then they would let troops opt for digs, and I know several that went for the 220’s.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I could be wrong but I don’t think the Troop ever issued 681’s or nickel guns. I know there was a commemorative model 66, but I don’t think it was issued. They did issue I believe model 65 or basically a heavy/bull barrel model 10 chambered in 357 mag. I thought that was the last wheel gun OHP issued but could be wrong. Then they would let troops opt for digs, and I know several that went for the 220’s.
IIRC there was also a 681 that was a commemorative to OHP Lt. Dan Combs.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
There was a 681 commemorative and a 686 Dan Combs commemorative.

Attachments

• IMG_6585.JPG
    IMG_6585.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7711.JPG
    IMG_7711.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 24

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I didn't know these existed and now I need one, My great grandfather and Combs shot competition together, got a picture somewhere at my parents of them together at a match.
That’s cool. I got one up on ya though. I was friends with him. I was a little kid. I think he may have busted my butt once or twice. He and my father were good friends when he was in SW okla. I’ve got some pics of me with him. After I got older and started my law dog career, I was almost as fast as he was at snatching leather, and even mastered a couple of his demonstrations. He was a very fine man. I think there was also a model 66 in his honor as well. Thanks for reminding me of some fun memories from the sixties.😊👍

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
That’s cool. I got one up on ya though. I was friends with him. I was a little kid. I think he may have busted my butt once or twice. He and my father were good friends when he was in SW okla. I’ve got some pics of me with him. After I got older and started my law dog career, I was almost as fast as he was at snatching leather, and even mastered a couple of his demonstrations. He was a very fine man. I think there was also a model 66 in his honor as well. Thanks for reminding me of some fun memories from the sixties.😊👍
That is awesome! I have heard many a story about him from my old man who spent 30 years in LE and was a PPC Revolver competitor, even read a few that my great grandfather had written behind some old pictures…why did you have to tell me about the 66😂