S&W 686 .357 or Sig P229 .40 S&W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gotta say 686 all the way. joy to shoot, dependable as a labrador and rugged as a rhinocerous. plus the availability of other cartridges as mentioned above. and it's versatility as a hunting round, as well as defensive and plinking. again, not a fan of the .40, a 1911 .45 works for me.

all that said, get what you want or like.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Answering a post on choosing a gun (or car) is sorta like smelling a fart....Most people like sniffin' their own but can't stand smelling someone else's.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though I have shot and like the SIG, I'd still go with the 686. But then, I'm a diehard wheelgun man whose EDC has almost always been a Colt or S&W revolver.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a huge Sig fan. I would say it just depends what your going to do with them. For carry, the Sig 229...hands down. Easier to carry, won't blind you from the flash, or deafen you (like a 686 would). Although, if your looking for a badazz handgun with great accuracy (that will make a bad guy poo themself) I'd say the 686. The 686 has a sweet trigger and is easy to shoot well.

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am sure you are all dying to know which one I chose. I went with a S&W 617. I had settled on getting with a 686, but then I decided to get one that my wife will enjoy just as much. She loves to shoot my Ruger MK III, so I went with another .22 that just happens to be an awesome wheel gun. 2 birds, 1 gun. Then when she is comfortable with the 617, I can talk her into getting a 686..... :rubhands:

Latest posts

Top Bottom