S&W M&P C.O.R.E 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moore Guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice! I have had my eyes on this one model for a while. Let us know how awesome the fast target acquisition is once you get some range time in.

I have been practicing with it a bit, without live ammunition. Dot acquisition is very easy and natural with a proper grip on the gun. I was worried I wasn't going to find the dot as quick as I'd like after a fast draw, but the ergonomics of the M&P fit very well with me. A glock with the more angled grip frame may not be as forgiving for me. I know it's irrelevant in shooting matches but I LOVE how easy it is to rack the slide on ANYTHING one handed. Makes me feel all warm & tactical inside. LoL

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The RDS is mounted directly to the slide, so that it's subject to the back/forth forces imparted by the recoiling mechanism of the slide? If so, is there an increased incident of RDS failure as a result of these forces?

Moore Guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe for lesser quality optic devices but from my research Trijicon RMR is a very rugged red dot. There is no way anything can be 100% but the Trijicon warranty makes for ease of mind. I have no worries about mine...

I wouldn't put a cheap red dot on it with high expectations though. And in event if an optic failure I still have the good ole reliable irons as co-witness. I don't use it for self defense, I have a S&W 360 for that.

Moore Guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also.. Direct of Trijicon

"The Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) sight is the most rugged miniature
red dot sight available. It is made from 7075-T6 aluminum to MIL-spec standards and
has a patented shape that absorbs impacts and diverts stresses away from the lens,
increasing durability. Available in LED, Adjustable LED, or Dual Illuminated versions,
and with dot sizes ranging from 3.25 MOA to 13 MOA you are sure to find what fits your
needs. The RMR is a versatile sight that illuminates in any lighting condition. "

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=RMR

Moore Guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Safariland and Raven Concealment have some RMR holsters available. You'd have to check specific compatibility though.

It can fit many low cut holsters without sweat guards, one that comes to mind is the Bladetech ASR holster.
As well as Dale Fricke (as mentioned above) and Bladetech WRS.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if they sell just the slides? I wouldn't mind upgrading my M&P 40 one of these days. I love the co-witnessed RMR setup. It is definitely the future of combat handguns.