S&W Model 41

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am seriously considering using the high cost of ammo as an excuse to purchase a S&W Model 41. I am leaning toward the 5 1/2" in a new gun so I will have the lifetime warranty. Anyone own one? Comments/Suggestions? Thanks:thumb:

I have been to the S&W forum and the rimfire forum but would like some local input.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an older one, I like it. Very accurate. But I've got a Sig Trailside that I paid $220 for that shoots just as well.

I know that there's a few other people on the forum that have one as well.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one that was issued to me while shooting with the guard. I LOVED that gun. Mine had a seven inch barrel. I suspect that the 5.5" would be better. If I were buying one today I would get two barrels so I could have one with iron sights and one with an optic.

ridetime

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am seriously considering using the high cost of ammo as an excuse to purchase a S&W Model 41. I am leaning toward the 5 1/2" in a new gun so I will have the lifetime warranty. Anyone own one? Comments/Suggestions? Thanks:thumb:

I have been to the S&W forum and the rimfire forum but would like some local input.

I have a 5 1/2 Model 41. Very accurate, but also ammo sensitive. Chambers are pretty tight and feeding issues have occurred with mine when using bulk ammo.

I also have a Buckmark 5.5 field and I actually prefer it. It's just as accurate and will shoot about anything you feed it. It also has a better trigger than the 41.

The 41 is a nice .22 pistol but at $1000 new hmmm....i don't know if its that nice. I think I would rather have a Smith 617 AND a Buckmark for the same money.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you are looking at spending some real money, have you looked at a Browning Medalist? These are really nice!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom