Saiga 12 Conversion Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone around town do conversions or SAIGA rifles? Converting to the AK Style with pistol grip?

I don't know of anyone but the procedure looks pretty easy. There's plenty of good YouTube videos that show how to do it.

Have you already purchased your conversion kit? If so, where did you find the best deal?

Dexcheque

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did mine with #5 (ctr stock), and put a quad rail on it. It was a little heavy but well balanced. had fun shooting skeet with it. CSS had the best prices and they had the best selection when I did mine. and if you use CSS in the coupon code box you will get a 5% discount. Ive bought from them several times and have always been pleased.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone but the procedure looks pretty easy. There's plenty of good YouTube videos that show how to do it.

Have you already purchased your conversion kit? If so, where did you find the best deal?

I have not bought anything. I happen to have a nice SAIGA in 7.62x39 though and was considering having it done. If it is that easy I may just look into doing it myself. :) Thanks.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not bought anything. I happen to have a nice SAIGA in 7.62x39 though and was considering having it done. If it is that easy I may just look into doing it myself. :) Thanks.

Tromix is suppose to be the best conversion company out there but they're not accepting orders until 2015 and they charge $395 for the labor. From what I've seen and read, if you can operate a hand drill and a dremel, you can do the conversion. I'm not sure when I plan to do mine but you're welcome to come over and help and learn if you want.

Dexcheque

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the youtube conversion videos a couple times and then started. I had to refer back a couple times to make sure I was doing it right, but from start to finish it took about 2 hours, and was rather easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom