Saiga 12 Conversion Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tromix is suppose to be the best conversion company out there but they're not accepting orders until 2015 and they charge $395 for the labor. From what I've seen and read, if you can operate a hand drill and a dremel, you can do the conversion. I'm not sure when I plan to do mine but you're welcome to come over and help and learn if you want.

Depending on when this is, I might be game for an Edmond conversion party. Unless three's a crowd?

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tromix is suppose to be the best conversion company out there but they're not accepting orders until 2015 and they charge $395 for the labor. From what I've seen and read, if you can operate a hand drill and a dremel, you can do the conversion. I'm not sure when I plan to do mine but you're welcome to come over and help and learn if you want.

May have to take you up on that. :) Thanks.

Depending on when this is, I might be game for an Edmond conversion party. Unless three's a crowd?

Now that's a great idea.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be up for that. I haven't bought my conversion kit yet but could order whenever.

I haven't either and I'd prefer to order a Proxxon rotary tool beforehand, too. I can order whenever, I'm just not sure when I'll have the time in the near future. With Oktoberfest. the state fair, and my mom's birthday coming up, the majority of my free time is already accounted for. When it comes time to get dirty, though, I'll try to make the time.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did mine with Kit #3, the feedramp, and some other parts for the foreend. It's super easy to do. If you guys wanted someone there who has done one, I'd be willing to help out, I live in Edmond too.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did mine with Kit #3, the feedramp, and some other parts for the foreend. It's super easy to do. If you guys wanted someone there who has done one, I'd be willing to help out, I live in Edmond too.

That would be great. I say we go ahead and order the kits and and do the conversions sometime in Oct? Everyone good with that time frame?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
October sounds more doable for me than September, or at least the first 2-3 weekends of September.

Is anybody ordering anything additional like gas plugs, reliability kits, or bolt hold open kits? I know I want the folding mechanism, not sure if I want or need anything else besides easy bolt on/slap on parts like the bolt handle extension, muzzle break, and the [finally in-stock] Titan extended quad rail, but I'll slap those on at another time, maybe.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
October sounds more doable for me than September, or at least the first 2-3 weekends of September.

Is anybody ordering anything additional like gas plugs, reliability kits, or bolt hold open kits? I know I want the folding mechanism, not sure if I want or need anything else besides easy bolt on/slap on parts like the bolt handle extension, muzzle break, and the [finally in-stock] Titan extended quad rail, but I'll slap those on at another time, maybe.

I'm thinking about the TAC 47 autoplug so I can shoot high and low brass without changing the settings and I want to add the folding mechansim as well. Other than that, I will do the foreend and muzzle break later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom