Saiga Conversion Finally Done...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask a stupid question...what's the reason for people 'converting' Saigas?

Why not just buy an AK-style rifle with the configuration you want to begin with, rather than buying something that is 'almost' what you want and having to spend time, money, and effort to 'convert' it into what you wanted in the first place?

Don't get me wrong -- cool rifle and all, and very nice work. I just don't get the reason for going this route.

IIRC Imported Saiga configuration has the "sporting configuration" with the trigger moved back and linkage connecting the crapbox trigger configuration to the point in the action where the trigger is supposed to be on a Kalashnikov pattern firearm.
They have to be converted by somebody, and you basically pay twice the price for a converted Saiga.
I'm told the trigger on an unconverted Saiga ranks lower than a $5 airsoft pistol.

Hucksaw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That does look great! I wish you would have shown a few more pictures "in the process"... I have the parts for a build, just need another shotgun...I just sent my SG to Tromix...can't wait to get it back. I do have plenty of 8,10, and 12 rounders with a drum on the way....

z c o m

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC Imported Saiga configuration has the "sporting configuration" with the trigger moved back and linkage connecting the crapbox trigger configuration to the point in the action where the trigger is supposed to be on a Kalashnikov pattern firearm.
They have to be converted by somebody, and you basically pay twice the price for a converted Saiga.
I'm told the trigger on an unconverted Saiga ranks lower than a $5 airsoft pistol.

Couldn't have said it better myself lol... the factory trigger/stock/forend all rank lower than a $5 airsoft, conversion is a must :scream:

z c o m

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That does look great! I wish you would have shown a few more pictures "in the process"... I have the parts for a build, just need another shotgun...I just sent my SG to Tromix...can't wait to get it back. I do have plenty of 8,10, and 12 rounders with a drum on the way....

Yeah I wanted to, but when you have a sad pathedic saiga lookin at you like this :w000t: because it smells the new Tromix parts coming out a sealed bag, like it was a beggin' strip dog treat... you make the decision to only snap a few quick pics!

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...I did not know it was a Kalashnikov-pattern shotgun.

Makes sense why you'd want to convert the version in the sporting config.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...I did not know it was a Kalashnikov-pattern shotgun.

Makes sense why you'd want to convert the version in the sporting config.

Even still, converting enables you to get an AK with much higher quality than just about any Century-molested piece, and for about the same price.

Hucksaw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some one may have already posted this but Promag has started making 12 round drums for it that are only like 80 dollars. Mine will be donning one soon.

Problem is, I have not found any in stock anywhere. I saw a video on YouTube, and now I have to have one. I ended up backordering one from The Gun Source for $59.99. It looks "TOTALLY" compact compared to a 12 round stick! Can't wait to try it and my MD Arms (also backordered) 20 rounder...

Latest posts

Top Bottom