Savage model 30"E" .410 pump, enlighten me!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ran across a Savage model 30"E" class .410 pump. From all I've been able to find on them, it seems to be a good pump gun. Please offer up the pro's an con's if you have any. PLEASE no caliber war's!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
.410 sucks, might as well shoot spit wads at your target. I know this one guy, who shot....

LOL!!!

I know nothing about them. Ironically, I just heard of them today shopping on GB.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMO, it's a fairly decent firearm, probably about mossberg class. It's common for the cartridge stop pivot screw to get loose and lost, and there is a spring wire on the slide lock that is bad about getting bent or in worse cases broken. I don't like the stock being bolted to the alloy trigger housing, but several shotguns have been made this way. That letter by the way, can make a big difference when ordering parts.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
i have a model 30 f in 20ga and its about 43 yrs old. my grandfather gave it to me when i was twelve . when he gave it to me it didnt like federal ammo. years later i found out why . my garndfather used 3n1 oil on it for years so it was gummed up in the bolt not allowing the firing pin to touch deeper set primers. after the good cleaning perfect . i have shot everything from squirrel to deer and waterfowl with this gun . i think it handles better then mossgergs as i have had one of those also. good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom