SC Alloy frame pistol advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Chiefs Special .40, they are not fat imho, the great thing about it is that the grip is deep(front to back) so someone like me with somewhat big hands can still hold it comfortably. No ftf's with it and i can re-acquire a target faster with the CS40 than i can with my G22, my 2 cents...

Oh, and it is incredibly easy to conceal, I use a crossbreed and a generic High Noon Holster(both tuckable) IWB with hardly any printing at all

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my S&W Gunsite. 4.25" Barrel. Hides wonderfully in my UGB Canute Holster! Not sure on the exact round count, would say between 500-700. I have not had any FTF problems, however, other people shooting my pistol have had 3 FTFs. I feel safe in saying that it was because of their shooting techniques...and not the function of the pistol.

Lobsterknuckles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Chiefs Special .40, they are not fat imho, the great thing about it is that the grip is deep(front to back) so someone like me with somewhat big hands can still hold it comfortably. No ftf's with it and i can re-acquire a target faster with the CS40 than i can with my G22, my 2 cents...

Oh, and it is incredibly easy to conceal, I use a crossbreed and a generic High Noon Holster(both tuckable) IWB with hardly any printing at all

This is good to hear.. I'm leaning more towards the cs45 at this point, so thank you for your good testimonial.

Lobsterknuckles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to like a 3" 1911 but have tried two (Colt, Kimber) and neither was dependable enough for a carry gun. The Kimber was sent back to the factory twice and still didn't run right. I called Kimber and was told "the 3" guns aren't as forgiving as the 5" guns". I know how to shoot a 1911 and do not limp wrist. That being said, I feel you should be able to limp wrist a self defense gun and it still function. In my opinon, the best 1911 for concealed carry is an officer frame with a commander (4" barrel) slide.

Something like this??

[Broken External Image]

Are the 4 inchers about as reliable as the 5''?

Lobsterknuckles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion of Colt commander xse, or Springfield commander sized 1911? Thinking the length would be worth it, considering the reliability, lifetime warranty (Springfield) this has, compared to Kimbers limited 1 year, grr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom