• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Prologue...
Like most gun nerd I always wanted a Desert Eagle, I finally got one and well I wasn't impressed so I listed it fs/ft on armslist.
Chapter 1- The texts.
I began receiving texts from the kid whom this novella is about.(foot note I wasn't aware at the time it was a kid.)
The first few texts were typical gun inquiries, you know the generic questions i.e. round count, condition, any problems ect.
Then came the can you send me 20,000 pictures with different angles, lighting, and backdrops. I obliged.
This went on for a couple of days.
Chapter 2- The initial I'll take it.
After a couple of days of texting back amd forth He said he'd take it. I set about setting up a meeting, my work schedule is demanding to put it lightly. I am on call 24/7 literally. So meeting up with someone takes some intricate planning sometimes. On the day we were first supposed to meet he texts me early in the day and says he had some car trouble and was going to have to work late since he was late getting in. No big deal in my book things happen. The next he texts and says his car is having alot of issues so he didn't know when we could meet up and that he would get ahold of me when his work schedule was straightened out. This didn't bother me because like I said my schedule is insane. I told him just keep in touch and if I still had it when he was available we would meet up.
Chapter 3- The setup
After about a week from the initial text he sends me a text and says he got off work early and asks if I would be able to meet up with him. I was on what we call a cool off period so I was free and told him I could.
He said his car was still messed up and asked of I could meet him at his house.
I told him yes but I wouldn't come inside, he would have to come out to my truck.
I got the address and did a crime rate check on the neighborhood and it was a low to no crime area so I figured what the hell I will head over there. I texted him and said I was enroute and he asked if I would give him a heads up when I was 5 minutes away. I told him that I would.

Stevenlee69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 91.3%
21   2   0
We have a member that received a pm saying that he could get a discount on his yearly membership if he clicked on a link. Has anyone else gotten that pm?
Edit- it looks like an automated message. I’m checking with support to see for sure.
I just got one today? Know what it is

Attachments

• C6278E9E-8946-458E-B3CB-E9AE5EA10C7E.png
    C6278E9E-8946-458E-B3CB-E9AE5EA10C7E.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 15

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Chapter 4- Enroute
After giving a time frame and beginning the journey he started texting me about the the eta and asking me to make sure I gave him a heads up when I was 5 min away. This was several texts, like every 3 min. I tried calling since I was driving and he wouldn't answer. This sent up red flags. I began thinking he was using one of those text type apps.
So once I was close I decided for whatever gut feeling reason to drive the block once.
When I got about a block away and could see the house I sent the "5 minutes out" text.
The house sat just off a corner where the road has a kinda couldasac and turns north, across from the house sat two vacant houses with some big busses on the edge of the street.
Low and behold not 30 seconds after the text 2 guys(turned out to be kids) left his house and went into those bushes.
I was thinking "Well that's kinda strange."
I was on the fence if it was a coincidence or by design that this happened .
I went around the block and came back around and sent the text describing what I was driving. On my way back around a guy(the kid) waved me down while he was sitting in front of the house.
I pulled up and positioned my truck in a way my lights illuminated the bushes and I have almost full view of most of the area.
Chapter 5 - Damn Kids
When he stood up and I got a good look at him, I knew immediately it was a kid like 15 at the oldest.
Before he made it to the truck I stayed I needed to see his I.D. to verify age.
(Foot note- I carry 2 cell phones and I keep one on speed dial with 911 and my wife on the other on my headset when I do meet up most of the time.)
He said he forgot it in his house. I told him I needed to verify he was 21 before we went any further.
I then asked why two people came from his house and went into the bushes.
He told me nobody came from his house.
At this point I told him that I wasn't going to sell to him. He went on to start talking fast saying I didn't know the laws and in Oklahoma you don't have to be 21 to buy a handgun, and he just wanted to look at it and see if he liked it before he bought it.
I again told him I was not going to sell and he could tell his friends to come out of the bushes.
I informed him that what they were doing was very dangerous and if they try to rob someone of a gun they "victim" would be within their rights to use lethal force. I also told him that our whole interaction is being recorded, as I had someone on my headset and my other phone was on speed dial with 911.
At this point he decided to call for his 2 friends to come out of the bushes.
I drove away, I had put a post on armlist warning people of the number but so eone kept reporting it as spam.

The End........

Latest posts

Top Bottom