Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family ‘terrorized’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you're right he deserved to be shot even though there appeared to be no threatening moves towards any LEO. Of course getting shot several times in the back after trying to flee from being shot in the front is justification too. I'm sure he was a felon that wasn't deaf, or didn't understand English, or wasn't someone just having a breakdown. Shoot (pun intended) what's not to like, fill out a little paper work and a get few days off with pay, I guess nobody had a Taser.

I am making no judgements either way in this case. I wasnt there, I dont know what happened leading to this result. Am I to believe you have some first person insight that you would like to share with the class? If not, then your reply is is without merit.
All I did was point out that the victims hands were raised after the officers engaged. As I am sure you would agree, the point of using deadly force is to stop a threat. After the first officer fired, they continued until they thought the threat was neutralized it seems to me. I admit this last part is conjecture on my part, but that is all I have at this point.

What is clear; i think, is that the suspect had the opportunity to change the outcome, but came to that decision too late and only after deadly force had been employed. That has been my only point.

At that point he still had the physical ability to throw his hands up and did. The guy that put him on the ground and probably delivered the fatal blows shot him twice “in the back” while his hands were in the air and he leaned up against the car showing 100% submissiveness. That is murder! The Pinal County Sheriff's Office said it investigated the shooting and found the officer's use of lethal force justified. Do you thing that BS will wash when he meets his maker?

Judging from the video, I would say the shots fired after the suspect turned away with his hands up were unnecessary and illegal. However, I dont presume to know the mind of God, so I am not sure how He would come down on this. That is between the man and God.

Last edited:

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys all know the background of the criminals in the house. Like maybe how they have violent history of weapons possession AFCF, shooting with intent to kill, etc. Credit card fraud might just one of their many criminal endeavors. Oh that's right, you don't have their III criminal history packet. In fact you have no knowledge of who they are or what they are capable of. Police don't have tanks. Some departments have armored vehicles which come in pretty handy when you have to make an approach on an armed and barricaded subject. When you have a guy in a house with a rifle you would want some cover too. Same thing with tear gas. If we can use that to force a subject out of a house without having to go in after him, it's safer for the police and the subject. Same thing with flashbangs. If we have to go in, the bad guy has the advantage. He knows the layout of the building and has the advantage of ambush. We are going to try to even the odds just a little bit so maybe we don't get shot in the head. We put our lives at risk everyday. This isn't TV. This is real life where we deal with people who want to kill us. We're at a disadvantage because we have to respond to their actions. I'm not complaining. I signed up for it. But unless you have been there, have been shot at, have people with dirty needles conceal them and put them sharps up in their pockets hoping to stick you, called you for help with intentions of ambushing you, reached into their pocket or purse and pulled a gun etc....maybe you don't really know what you're talking about? I'm putting my life on the line. Why don't you let me and the people with the training and experience plan how to carry out the jobs we have to do in the safest manner possible....or I guess you can continue to Monday Morning quarterback it from the safety of your computer.

Did you even read the article? No one needed to be forced other house with teargas. All they had to do was show the search warrant and the people would've opened up. Instead the cops burst down the damn door. I can't believe you on here seriously defending these cops. How is barging in someone's house unannounced safe? Especially since this was not a no knock warrant. Oh sorry they knocked on the door the same time the busted down the damn door.

robinray649

Marksman
Reaction score
All I would say on this is if the leos were following procedure to the letter of the law then why did they destroy the cameras? Doing that always gives the impression that there is more to this and the leos did not want anyone to have evidence that they were breaking the law themselves. If I were an leo and doing my job like I am suppose to do then I would want all the evidence possible to prove that I followed procedure. The fact of destroying the cameras is questionable and tend to lend the impression that there was more involved that the leos did not want to be seen or shown. Considering the false home invasions with people screaming police, I would say that a no knock invasion would be met with force.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys all know the background of the criminals in the house. Like maybe how they have violent history of weapons possession AFCF, shooting with intent to kill, etc. Credit card fraud might just one of their many criminal endeavors. Oh that's right, you don't have their III criminal history packet. In fact you have no knowledge of who they are or what they are capable of.

Police don't have tanks. Some departments have armored vehicles which come in pretty handy when you have to make an approach on an armed and barricaded subject. When you have a guy in a house with a rifle you would want some cover too. Same thing with tear gas. If we can use that to force a subject out of a house without having to go in after him, it's safer for the police and the subject. Same thing with flashbangs. If we have to go in, the bad guy has the advantage. He knows the layout of the building and has the advantage of ambush. We are going to try to even the odds just a little bit so maybe we don't get shot in the head.

We put our lives at risk everyday. This isn't TV. This is real life where we deal with people who want to kill us. We're at a disadvantage because we have to respond to their actions. I'm not complaining. I signed up for it. But unless you have been there, have been shot at, have people with dirty needles conceal them and put them sharps up in their pockets hoping to stick you, called you for help with intentions of ambushing you, reached into their pocket or purse and pulled a gun etc....maybe you don't really know what you're talking about?

I'm putting my life on the line. Why don't you let me and the people with the training and experience plan how to carry out the jobs we have to do in the safest manner possible....or I guess you can continue to Monday Morning quarterback it from the safety of your computer.

Really????...Well Thank You for Your Service.

And tell all your Friends Thank You for me.

And then make sure you have the Right address, because there are Law Abiding Citizens, that are prepared to protect Theirs.

Unless of course you want to stand guard at My house????

Out of Line ....sit down.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No Monday-morning QB here. I don't like the King's men entering homes without permission, period. Clear enough?

i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_EADEF8D6_A543_483E_92B2_825537B34CF1_zpslzabs5yq.jpg

Hear ye! Hear ye!
His Royal Highness has issued a proclamation!
The Illustrious King George III has decreed that those not trained or having served in His Majesty's Military are neither equipped nor allowed to question their actions, even when they're clearly wrong. This so called "Monday Quarterbacking," is now prohibited by law! That is all.

God save His Majesty, King George the III, Protector of The Realm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom