School me on McMillan rifle stocks and other Remington 700 goodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin threaded my bolt.

McMillan is light and very tough, but the wait can be a while and pricey.

Bell and Carlson will be a bit heavier, but aluminum block makes it a joy to work with, lots of good styles, fit and finish is very good.

As far as chassis go - that's what I would recommend at this point IF you are planning to do detachable magazine AND can deal with pistol grip (it took me long time to get used to the pistol grip, and I still much prefer traditional vertical grip with a thumb rest). I've been using XLR Industires on my builds - they are not very expensive and modular.

Optics will really depend on the type of shooting you are planning to do, experience, and features desired.
There are so many options in so many price ranges.
For paper punching and varmint I would recommend at least 14x, for long range paper at least 20x.
For hunting medium game - lower end should be at most 5x, 4x or 3x is prefered.
Then you got tube size, weight, length, objective size, FFP/SFP, reticle selection, etc etc.

P.S. Shameless plug - I have accumulated a TON of scopes over last couple of years (lots of new unopened, quality) that I will need to unload sooner or later (been to laze to post them all). Please feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries.