Scope Mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wanting to get a scope to be professionally mounted, lapped and bore sighted on my rifle. Anybody in the Tulsa area good? How much does it generally cost?

Thanks in advance!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Are you using modern mounts or rings? Most of those don't need lapping anymore because the machine quality is so much better now.

If you're running old school steel NOS rings or some that aren't finished to modern standards then I'd see the need for lapping.

I bet @SPDguns would know somebody that would still do that.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you using modern mounts or rings? Most of those don't need lapping anymore because the machine quality is so much better now.

If you're running old school steel NOS rings or some that aren't finished to modern standards then I'd see the need for lapping.

I bet @SPDguns would know somebody that would still do that.
I know somebody but he's in the Stillwater area.....

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Correctly is the key word
i'm not sure what you are saying but if its what i think it is there's nothing incorrect about the way they mounted my scopes i can promise you that. nothing against the stillwater guy i dont even know him and im sure he does good work and i'll keep him in mind when i have something big i need done but mounting a scope ain't it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom