Scope rings 50mm objective 30mm tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so putting a new scope on my 300 wm. Considering the vortex viper hs 4-16x50. Has a 30 mm tube. I want to stick with leupold standard base I think. But high or med rings?i have a sporter barreled model 700

Sent via message in a bottle

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not remove all doubt and take the scope and rifle to a local shop where you can see exactly what it will look like before spending a cent. This is one of those areas where a 10% premium in a local shop vs online is money very well spent.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a 20moa rail, typically those heights around .86 (Medium - typically) should clear. You really have to watch the heights tho as each Manuf. has em diff. Seekins Precision, Griffin, APA, NF, USO, Badger or ARC will gladly tell you what you need.

If you haven't handled a set of Griffin Armament............things are like butter.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not remove all doubt and take the scope and rifle to a local shop where you can see exactly what it will look like before spending a cent. This is one of those areas where a 10% premium in a local shop vs online is money very well spent.

This is great advice. If it's a standard receiver and you're going to use leupold rings mediums will clear. Talley you'll need an extended front medium. If you have a 20 or 30 Moa rail night force low rings will clear. Low vortex will work as well. Really depends on what rings you want to use.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

FLAFASTBALL

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with riongnt I'd take my rifle in the shop and have them sit the rings on my rifle and see how they look and have options. I look at rifles all the time that aren't balanced for their application. The rings will be the least expensive part of your package so do it right. 7 STW brings up another point. We don't know what distance you will be shooting and do you have a moa base or will you need moa rings. Good luck, I say buy once cry once,

Latest posts

Top Bottom