Selling Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha. I probably won’t to be honest. Been looking for a gun for my wife and figured I’d use the proceeds from selling it to buy hers, but never hurts to own another one.

How long does ammunition last? We have some from probably 10 years ago that’s been in the original box inside a plastic shoebox in our closet.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha. I probably won’t to be honest. Been looking for a gun for my wife and figured I’d use the proceeds from selling it to buy hers, but never hurts to own another one.

How long does ammunition last? We have some from probably 10 years ago that’s been in the original box inside a plastic shoebox in our closet.
Yea that’s what I did she had a Walther ppk that she could not operate the slide. So I more or less sold it to buy her M&P Sheild EZ.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have ammo that i bought with my first rifle back in 76, and then i have some other ammo that i have no clue how old it is and it still goes BANG when i pull the trigger, but like said it depends on how it is stored, a cool dry place is the best, but then dry is the biggest part cause i dont know of any warehouses that has a/c in them to keep it cool during the summer time.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

this is the best place to sell imo unless you straight up have a buddy/family member etc that is interested.
ammo will last a *looong* time if stored properly and a *pretty darn long* even if not.
i've shot some absolutely *nasty* looking stuff out of a moist nugget pretty sure it was from the 50's. same with 7.62x25 tokarev, i shot some of those that looked like they came from the bottom of the sea lol. still fired.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Make sure you overprice it so it can be relisted 40 times in the classifieds and we see it every week!!!!
man one i learned from fishing is; if they ain't biting, no need to keep casting that line in the same water.

either drop the price or just take them down, i don't get it lol. that ptr has been for sale for like...2 years.....

one thing you can be sure of is the most interested buyers are refreshing this site OFTEN and they WILL see your listing. something like armslist where pawn shops and whatnot will post 300 ads every day and yours will sink to page 10+ after a few hours maybe people don't see.
but ads here get seen. if it isn't selling, it's not because no one sees it. at that point, you're literally banking on either a new member seeing it, or someone making an account solely to buy your firearm.

that *might* happen but i dunno. seems very unlikely. stuff sells here within the first hour more often than it does after a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom