Senator Coburn's Wastebook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just reading an article about the waste book that Sen. Coburn publishes. He outlined $30 billion in wasteful spending. At first, I like how he outlined this waste and then it hit me...he ONLY found $30 billion? With a 2013 budget of $3.8 trillion that's all he found as wasteful? That's like saying you spend $100 and only $.70 was wasted. Holy crap! Somebody please tell me I am missing something from this report. Maybe it is the most absurd wasteful spending.....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He does it every year and he always comes up with billions in waste. Bad part is that they will cut vet benefits and other good things, but never the waste.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are just 100 examples that add up to $30 billion, I don't see where he says that's the total of gov waste.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=0cc34c92-b901-425d-a131-d3151d7216ef

"These are only a few of the 100 examples of government mismanagement and stupidity included in
Wastebook 2013. Collectively these cost nearly $30 billion in a year when Washington would have you
believe everything that could be done has been done to control unnecessary spending."

Latest posts

Top Bottom