Sensitive thread I guess, but what weapons did the shooter at Ft Hood use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents called me because they heard on the news that it was a semi-automatic! Those are so much more dangerous than regular guns....

:(

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aimg.villagephotos.com_p_2004_8_807509_shoulderthing.png

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you consider that he killed 13 out of 100 rounds fired, it wasn't a very effective ratio. The 5.7 isn't a "Cop Killer" and they damn well know it. 5.7 AP ammo sales are restricted and I'm pretty sure the post shooting report will show that he had sporting rounds.

That the 5.7 did as much damage as it did in this case will owe a lot to the fact that these were soldiers in a temperate climate. Not much clothing and less body mass than your average American to penetrate to the vitals. Don't take this the wrong way, but we're lucky he was a REMF with a pipsqueak round. Had it been a SF or Marine with a heavier caliber, the death toll might have been a lot higher. :(

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is sad that so many died at the hands of one nut job. had any of the soldiers that he was shooting at been armed many lives could have been saved. military installations do not allow soldiers to carry unless they are LE types. the media and the braidy types will use this indecent as fuel to try to ban high capacity mags and "cop killer" ammo. when legal concealed carry would have done more to put a stop to this than any new law or ban. just my $0.02

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is why civilian cops were on the scene faster than MP's. Never been in the armed forces so I really don't understand the role of the MP's. Seem's as though MP's should be stationed throughout the base.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The term 'civilian cop' in this case may be misunderstood. They're civilian police working with the DoD either as federal employees or contract depending upon the installation (we have some members here in that career field who would know more than I about the facts). They are stationed there and work with the military police. They are also held to military standards and most (at least the ones that I have met) are military veterans with very good qualifications.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is why civilian cops were on the scene faster than MP's. Never been in the armed forces so I really don't understand the role of the MP's. Seem's as though MP's should be stationed throughout the base.

thats what i was thinking, why wouldnt an MP have gotten there first

Latest posts

Top Bottom