Sequel to "A Christmas Story" coming to cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I'll kick off the great debate. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie? In my opinion if you cannot sum up the movie is one sentence with it being the central theme, then it is not a Christmas movie. In one sentence A Christmas Story is about Ralph trying to figure out how to get a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas. Without Christmas, there is no movie. Here is IMDB's summary for Die Hard. "A NYPD officer tries to save his wife and several others taken hostage by German terrorists during a Christmas party at the Nakatomi Plaza in Los Angeles." Yes the scenario takes place at Christmas time, but is in no way was it the central theme. If, as an example, you change Christmas party to New Years party it does not change what happens in the movie other than a few words of dialog. Does Hans Gruber decide he would rather go watch the ball drop in Times Square instead of taking over Nakatomi Plaza? Probably not. So not really a Christmas movie. Christmas Vacation is pretty obvious. Home Alone I don't remember well enough to know if he was left alone over Thanksgiving, would it have significantly changed the central theme. They made a sequel where he was left alone at another time IFRC so it kinda shows Christmas was not required to make the movie work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom