Anyone know what these cables are for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, they ain't that cheap. At all. You are completely forgetting about all associated costs to build the cable for a specific purpose on a government program. Think $100k toilet seat kind of pricing.
I agree if it was going on a Sea Wolf attack sub or F-15 test equipment but I sold these things for a living both Amphenol and Pyle National and while some are very expensive these aren’t those. If it were I’d also suspect someone would be way more interested in finding them. But heck, I’m likely full of hot air and talking out of my keester. Just my $0.02

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received these from UPS probably around March or April and I don’t know why. I contacted the people who shipped them and they didn’t seem too concerned about getting them back. I left them on my porch for about a month with RETURN written on the box but UPS never picked them up. Anyway. What are they and are they worth anything? The connectors are stamped AMPHENAL and the wire is stamped TF Cable Controlflex. ThanksView attachment 434820View attachment 434821View attachment 434822View attachment 434823View attachment 434824
What does the green tag say? I can tell you what they go on if they have an NSN #.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
What does the green tag say? I can tell you what they go on if they have an NSN #.
Yeah, I asked what the acceptance tag said. Since it is an acceptance tag, it should have the PN, Nomenclature, NSN, and DOM minimum. Probably has a delivery date and a manufacturer. Might even have the DCMA initials too.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’

I was about to make a similar comment about possibly being from military electronics. I saw such cables used for radio connections between transmitters and receivers or to teletype inputs/printers. Also used for control connections to multi-frequency antenna systems.
And in that case, the green tag indicates they're serviceable. Last 12 years of my 24, was USAF Satellite/Wideband. Hung out with the ground radio guys a lot, too. 3rd Herd. 1st Mob in Germany before I came here. And the 507th TACCS in South Carolina before that...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are olive drab...look exactly like Mil use cables. Regardless, you can count on those being worth north of $3000 apiece depending on use and length. What's the acceptance tag say?

The acceptance tag usually means that those are already paid for and were in secure storage prior to shipping. That's why the sender don't GAF. Tax dollars
Commercial and industrial use the same olive drab.
I’ve soldered up hundreds of them that got damaged or destroyed in power plants and machine shops from dual pin to 100 pin.
Would be interested as well in the tag info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom