1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Serious question

Discussion in 'Stupid Stuff' started by turkeyrun, Apr 1, 2021.

1. turkeyrun

turkeyrun Sharpshooter

Maybe a rant

Looking in the "Classifieds" see a listing for primers.

Yes, there is shortage. A shortage created, in part, by a perfect storm. A shortage magnified and extended by the lowest of slimey, pond scum, neckbeard scalpers.

The pond scum posting in the classifieds, JOINED YESTERDAY and posted the ad.

I would think / hope, the admins would ban such activity.

The shortage will get better, it is improving, daily.

I wish the regular members are prepared and stocked well enough, to not be buying at scalper pricing.

2. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The moderators' hands are more/less tied on this issue.

The owner (Okuma) has made it pretty clear that there will be no requirements for posting in the classifieds.

His site, his rules... :drunk2:

3. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was looking at another post and this new seller dragged me in....I , I ....it was as if by magic I was drawn in and couldn't help it. It's not like I could simply not look, and if I looked I could simply not buy.

Please, please, filter these postings because it causes me such emotional trauma. My God, I don't know how I'll make it through the day now.

SoonerP226 and Louro like this.
  4. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  5. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  6. Louro

Louro Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I see it and move on. No a chance in hell that I will pay the amount he/she are asking. If no one buy he will move along, or I least I hopping. If he wanted to sell quick he will be selling in GB.

Cowbaby likes this.
  7. JR777

JR777 Sharpshooter

Before you judge people too harshly, keep in mind they have to pay inflated prices for whatever they buy with the proceeds. For example, I sold some of my stockpiled M855 for $1 a round, then turned right around and paid $1 a round for plinking ammo. Why? Because I can't shoot steel plates with M855.

Why didn't I trade? I tried that with some premium 9mm HPs. Wanted to trade them 1 to 3 for plinking ammo. Which is actually a pretty fair deal because they were going for almost $4 a round. Every yahoo on the internet wanted to trade 1 to 1 for PMC or Tulammo. I don't know if people are just that rude or if they're just new and legitimately don't understand the difference. Either way, trading in this market isn't an option, unless you like being frustrated and answering phone calls from people who want to buy three rounds.

8. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    We honestly do understand your frustration, but the classifieds are pretty much wide open. I see a lot of these "1-post guys" post up their overpriced junk too; but it is not against the site owner's rules, and we are not allowed to police the ads for prices anyway. So we have to let it be unless we see enough evidence to the contrary. There is also no way for us to read every post made; it would simply be overwhelming. We pretty much have to rely on the OSA Members reporting suspicious activity or posts. We are able to catch and screen some, but I'm sure many just get a new User Name and come back for another shot at cheating someone.

When a 1-post guy wants you to send him money by PayPal Friends and Family, and you do...expect to have just tossed that money in the trash.

Jonny and MacFromOK like this.
  9. CharlieWH2O

CharlieWH2O Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Lee Beaittie and Oklahomabassin like this.
  10. Lee Beaittie

Lee Beaittie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes, they also joined last week and just out of curiosity I messaged them and ask about the issue of having to ship from TEXAS where they claim they are) and never got a response.