SGAmmo in Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like business is going well for them so that is good. They need to get on ammoengine.com Their sales will really increase. If I sold ammo I'd be on there for sure.

The will call window will be nice too. Even if it is in months.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't buy from them. I didn't want to pay tax and shipping either. I had asked them about local pick up too. They said they were coming to an OKC show in about a month and I could e-mail them a week before the show and tell them what I wanted and they would bring it to the show. Sent e-mail the week before the show and got a responce of -they are saving the ammo for their "On-line sales only" and wouldn't bring it to the show. Apparently they are doing so well "on-line" they don't need to sell it to the locals. They still had the said ammo "on-line" and in stock the week after the show. Ordered said ammo for about $0.10 a box more from cheaperthandirt, no tax and at my door in 3 days. I won't bother with SGA again.

M

Matt Basterson

whenever some company sends me an email offering free shipping for a short time, i almost always find somethin' to buy. more places should do this, and more often.

Captain Mike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping that they would have local pickup soon as previously discussed on this thread. I just asked them about local pickup of a $2800 ammo order. No can do. No mention of this being available in the future. Not a very Okie friendly business in my opinion. I hate sending my money out of state, but hey, they don't seem to want it. :screwy: My inquiry and their response below.

Hello

I do not sell here locally, all orders must go through the shipping process, if you live out of state then the shipping would be about like tax anyway, If you live in Oklahoma then, yes with would be a double additional cost, but local pickup is just something we do not do

Thank you

sam

www.sgammo.com
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:54 AM
Subject: Contact Form Submission

Submitted on Thursday, February 9, 2012 - 09:54

Full name: Mike *********
E-mail Address: mike*********@***.state.ok.us
Inquiry : I was wondering if we could make arrangements for a local pick-up
from your warehouse? I would be paying OK sales tax, so I would like to save
on the shipping. I understand that you all are not running a storefront, so
I would make a bulk purchase of approximately $2800.00. Thanks.

ls1z4me

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do business with SGAMMO, they are a great family operated Oklahoma business. There prices are fair and competitive with other ammo wholesalers. They are successful because they have a good business plan centered around their webpage and Gun-broker auctions. They have more business then most folks understand, and having a retail store at this time just does not fit into their business plan.

On the tax subject, online orders are subject to Ok sales tax regardless if the items comes from out of state.

"The Use Tax is equivalent to the sales tax. You can itemize using your online receipts or calculate what you owe with a tax table. The Oklahoma Tax Commission has come up with an additional payment option."
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13584747

Last edited:

Captain Mike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, selling to people who live in OK isn't part of their business plan either. And thanks for the info on the taxes. It underscores my point of wanting local pick up and saving on shipping.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked them this week when their pick-up would be available, and he said likely not until summer. My beef is paying the same shipping 50 miles from Stillwater, as people 1500 miles away in California pay. I shouldn't have to subsidize their shipping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom