Shield Watches Any Good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well bigfug was right. I spent over an hour googling last night and found almost nothing. I did find an "internet marketing" company that seems to be the first middle man in the deal. They have about a dozen lines of mostly watches but some other jewelry items too that they evidently peddle to other internet sales outlets like Optics Planet, eBay dealers and similar. They take the order, the "marketing company" pipes it through to the supplier and the item drop ships from there. They run "limited time offers" at insanely discounted prices, which is exactly what this was. $109.xx for one week only. lol

It may be a quality piece, but it's not a $1200 watch, that can be assured. The old adage "if it sounds too good to be true" applies here. I never did find the country of origin for the item which tells me all I need to know.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea EZ, I dropped that idea quick when I could find nobody that had put hands on one. I think there was one whole review on Amazon. That's it, at least all I saw in the time I spent. Saw lots of fleabay dealers selling them though for $150 and up. Nope....

I'll just get a Seiko or Citizen, I know they will hold some value. I have a pretty nice dress Seiko that was my dad's that I need to have serviced. And some of those Timex over in your thread look really damn nice, but they're Timex. I guess for beating them everyday they would work, but I'd like for my kids to have maybe somewhat collectable when I'm gone. But they still look pretty damn good and have a definite draw. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea EZ, I dropped that idea quick when I could find nobody that had put hands on one. I think there was one whole review on Amazon. That's it, at least all I saw in the time I spent. Saw lots of fleabay dealers selling them though for $150 and up. Nope....

I'll just get a Seiko or Citizen, I know they will hold some value. I have a pretty nice dress Seiko that was my dad's that I need to have serviced. And some of those Timex over in your thread look really damn nice, but they're Timex. I guess for beating them everyday they would work, but I'd like for my kids to have maybe somewhat collectable when I'm gone. But they still look pretty damn good and have a definite draw. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

I know, right? Timex is making some pretty awesome little cheapies these days (they've earned that takin a lickin / keep on tickin reputation for sure). Pretty much anything in their Expedition series is never going to die.

For the money / quality / resale value / durability though, Seiko is probably my favorite so far. I'm a Citizen fan but most of the models I really like, I can't afford.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't Seiko have a high end line? Wth was it called? My brother, also a watch hound, has one.

The Credor "King Seiko" and "Grand Seiko" are their luxury, high end, and higher end from back in the day. They have a bunch of different lines now that are hard to decipher from their ultra-crappy website.

The Nighthawk series is a fairly famous aviator watch that everyone in the gadget/watch world geeks out over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom