Shipping bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I tried to use the UPS Store to ship a handful of bullets to another OSA member today, and they refused to ship the package. Said I needed a license or something, and that they got in trouble for doing it before.

How are you guys shipping ammo? I hear Fedex has a ridiculous fee.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I tried to use the UPS Store to ship a handful of bullets to another OSA member today, and they refused to ship the package. Said I needed a license or something, and that they got in trouble for doing it before.

How are you guys shipping ammo? I hear Fedex has a ridiculous fee.

I went to the ups hub and had no issues. The local store would not do it.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, specifically cartridges. Yeah, I looked up the UPS rules, but the people at the UPS Store balked. I told them that UPS delivers ammo, but they blathered about only from "licensed" entities, and related an anecdote about getting in trouble the last time they shipped ammo. D-bags.

In any case, I'll try the UPS hub. Do any of you know if they have the ORM-D labels there? Otherwise, I'm not sure where to get one. I'm not buying a $15 roll of them + shipping.

See, I'm trying to ship some .45 AR (Auto Rimmed) rounds to another OSA member for free, just to get them into someone's gun; I can't use them. It's just to Okmulgee, too. It seems SO lame to have to deal with this for such a short distance. If I had time, I'd drive it out.

Danke schoen.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 what kopbet said.

do a google search on the label in images and print it out and tape it on.

UPS stores are a bunch of dillweeds. they say they won't ship hazerdous material which I understand, but they are too stupid to realize that orm-d isn't considered as a hazerdous item... in fact that was the whole purpose of the orm-d classification to not have to make ammo follow all of the more stringent hazerdous rules. boneheads.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The local UPS stores have always balked at accepting ammunition. I fo to the local UPS hub with the ORM-D label and have not expereinced any problems. Oncve I attempted to send some CO2 cartridges with an air pistol and UPS would not accept shipment of compressed gases regardless of quantity. Go figure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom