Update! Good news! (Broken Arrow Post Office strikes again.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: we left a note in the mailbox yesterday and saw the postal guy come by. He read the note. Scowled. And tossed it.

However, (and, this is the good news), our neighbor from two streets over brought it to the house. The post guy delivered it to the wrong house and the resident there brought it to our house.

(OP:)
I ordered a gun part from Midway and they shipped it, initially, UPS. UPS handed it off to the USPS. I got updates: "On the way." "Being delivered today." "Congratulations. Your item has been delivered."

Except, it was never delivered. Not to me, anyway. I'm sure some elderly lady got it and didn't look at the intended recipient, opened it, and, "What on earth?"

My postal guy. I see him go by, and sometimes he'll pass the house two or three times to deliver mail he missed. I miss the lady who used to be on my route. She was efficient. This guy. Not so much.

I called Midway and they said their policy is to wait 48 hours before they did anything.

First world problems, huh?

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had this issue with a big product. USPS said they couldn't deliver twice, then claimed delivered. I wonder how they fit something the size of a small vacuum in a post office box. Hmmmm, wasn't there.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am afraid the problem isn't just manifested at the BA station. I gave up trying to subscribe to the WSJ because they couldn't get the paper from where it was printed (Tulsa World downtown), to the Tulsa USPS distribution station (91st/Sheridan), and then to the Mounds PO before our carrier left the station (which is LATE in the morning). We never got the paper on the same day it was printed, and generally the papers were only delivered in "batches" about twice a week--and never on a Monday.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've complained about the lousy service from the Ada PO here several times. It's the worst I've ever seen and no other PO is even close in my experience. Over ther past 2 years I've repeatedly complained to the postmaster in Ada and higher up to the USPS with nothing positive coming from it. Not a thing. We're still frequently not getting packages and mail. A lot of our mail winds up in a neighbor's mailbox and he brings it to us. It's such a common thing he told us just to check his box when we drive by to see if any of our mail was in there.

Apparently we're not the only ones with the issue. It's an ongoing problem for many people in this area. As a matter of fact, I was just reading the local town news this morning and there was a story about how the USPS Inspector General has contacted some locals about their complaints and stated they were getting involved in the issue.

Ada PO is a cesspool of incompetence and is staffed by plenty of people who just don't care about getting mail where it needs to go.

I can't imagine how much Amazon (not to mention other mail order companies) loses every year due to incompetence of delivery services...especially the USPS.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of our mail winds up in a neighbor's mailbox and he brings it to us.
I used to watch "Cheers." An episode showed Cliff Claven delivering mail in an apartment building and as soon as he walked by, all the apartment dwellers came into the hallway and traded letters.

The USPS may not be #1, but it's certainly legendary.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Got packages this week from USPS, FedEx, Amazon, and UPS. All were on time and delivered properly. Fishing gear is all in and ready to go. I’d just as soon any letter mail be delivered to the neighbor since it seldom makes it past my trash can. I do have my address in the mailbox, curb, and house so even a blind person should be able to tell if it’s the right address or not.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent most of yesterday changing banks because of incompetent morons. At least banks have other options. Mail delivery, not so much. The few options are pretty much the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom