Shipping to an ffl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to ship a rifle back to the manufacturer,they have already sent me the Shipping label. Do I have to take it to an ffl to ship it off or can I just ship it myself seeings that it is going to an ffl(manufacturer)?

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shipping your gun to the manufacturer (or a gunsmith) to be worked on does not require an FFL. They can also send it directly back to you if I remember right. Repair transactions follow slightly different rules than everything else.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shipping your gun to the manufacturer (or a gunsmith) to be worked on does not require an FFL. They can also send it directly back to you if I remember right. Repair transactions follow slightly different rules than everything else.

I've never actually participated in a factory repair/return thru' the mail but, yes , I have heard it can happen the way you stated.
To be on the safe side tho', you might wanna' double check with yer trusted local FFL...just to be sure.

Er...that is unless you garner enough positive answers from solid reliable OSA sources in the mean time.
There are plenty here who'd know for sure........

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent my pistol to smith and wesson they sent it back to my house. the crazy fedex guy left it sitting at my door. I called and they said someone signed for it. I asked why was it sitting at the door if it was signed for. I guess the driver signed for me?

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last one I shipped I shipped USPS just pack it real good And insure it good also !
Some of the post offices will tell you they can't but they can if you talk to the supervisor on duty !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom