shooting low left, tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I have several pistols. Ea. one I seem to shoot low left. at 7 yards with my new barretta px4 SC in 9mm I am shooting about a 5" group but it is about 4" low 2-3" left. Is there any way in the world to overcome this? I am thinking on this one it may actually need a sight adjustment? I am very consistant with it just low and left. any tips or pointers?

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definatley trigger control. However that can be drilled down into a few problems as well. Best advice is to get some training. TDSA, USSA, or OSS. Any suggestions witout oversight could cause you to reinforce bad habits. I promise any of these will be worth the money.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Increase your grip on your left hand, decrease your grip on your right.
Practice Dryfire with all the grip on your left hand and the right is trigger pull only. You can also shoot it off a rest or have someone else shoot it to see if it is sight related(it's probably not).
"Best advice is to get some training. TDSA, USSA, or OSS."
Having someone train you will minimize your bad habits and you will see almost immediate results.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's best you have a trained instructor watch over you. You don't want to develope bad habbits. However, if that is not an option its best to dry fire. Concentrate on pressing the trigger straight to the rear while maintaing focus on the front sight. The sights and trigger are one. Aim the gun with the trigger press - if that makes sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom