Shot a Black Widow today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...with a Canon:

Facing me:

It was tough for me to get that close and not be in panic mode. Snakes don't bother me, but spiders kinda give me the willies. If she'd have jumped toward the camera, I'd still be running.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are out of your mind. The first thing I do when I see a spider is kill it. I don't care what it is or how big or small. Ain't no way I would ever get that close to one of those. And please tell me you killed it after taking the picture.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I don't really have anything against BW's, since my granddaughter will be out there camping this coming week-end I went ahead and dispatched it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like you, Pulp. we try and not destroy insects unnecessarily. Even Black Widows have a place. we had several take up residence under our hot tub. Nope, wrong place to be. too close to our bare feet. dispatched.

We look forward to seeing our zipper spiders come back every year. We always seem to have a couple every year. Fascinating spider!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pictures Pulp.
I always liked spiders and snakes.. but the brown recluse is not a friend of mine.
I was thinning out the iris plants in the front yard by the curb and a Black Widow spider was in there hiding between a couple stones..

I removed all the iris and grass and some soil...then replaced with other soil and replanted the iris I wanted .
She stayed between the rocks the entire time.
I thanked her and told her to have a nice day.

But no kids play there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom