Shotgun for the lady

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have picked up the bad habit of shooting clays. Am really interested in getting the missus to shooting with us...She loves handgun and shooting the 22 rifels. But he has held my 870 and made comments about it being a little heavy. I want her to shoot it to get a feel but I think the size might be a little large for her small frame. She is around 5'3 120 lbs. Anyone with experiences or advice? I wondered about the 870 youth in a 20 guage.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's not much difference between the youth and regular 870 in 20 guage. She would probably be just fine with full size. I don't think you can go wrong with a Remington though.

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am around her same size... do not go with a youth stock it will be TOO short for her. Something around 13.5 LOP or longer will be about right. I think beretta makes a "womans" length gun and I shoot a Benelli M2 with the thin pad. They are both light guns and have very little kick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom