Shoulder or chest holster advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on a good shoulder or chest holster rig for carrying a bigger revolver in. Will need it for carrying my 7.5" Ruger SBH 44 Mag or 6" Dan Wesson in either 357 Mag or 44 Mag (have both). Something that can be changed out to fit each holster would be great, versus buying the whole rig for each (don't have holsters for any of them yet). Looking to carry these while hunting this fall/winter, so if anyone knows a setup that's comfortable I would like to hear about it. Thanks in advance!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a DeSantis New York Undercover and really like it. Had a Galco Miami Classic and it was fine, but prefer the DeSantis. FWIW, I carry horizontal, not vertical...

If you're going to be wearing it while hunting, you might want to make sure it has straps to secure it to your belt as well, it will keep things from moving around too much.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going with a Shoulder holster, you really need belt tie downs AND/OR a strap across the mid back to keep things where you want them, otherwise you'll constantly be fidgeting with the should straps.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second the Miami classic 2. Really nice holster. Easy to adjust and is comfortable to wear. BtW, I don't use tie downs nor straps and mine fits perfectly. As long as it is a quality holster that can be easily adjusted you can make it fit exactly how you want.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide on a Diamond D, let me know. Dave taught his brother (my wife's uncle) Alan holster making and he lives in Newcastle, he may still have some rigs stocked up, but I am not sure what his inventory looks like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom