Shtf family logistics/movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bugging in is my best option with a select few bugging out to my place. Safety in numbers, with a well chosen array of people all family. Who have almost 50 yrs of military training, besides law enforcement, farming, mechanical and two with combined 50 yrs medical training ( one a doctor). All except a couple have been hunters and fisherman their whole lives. All are trained in firearms and survival.
We can grow our own food, have cattle, chickens, hogs and plan on goats hopefully in the near future. The prep and plans are there but even the most well layed out plans always have a snag. Just adapt and overcome.

And yes I to plan on dying at some point but maybe the younger ones can see any SHTF event through to the other side.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bugging in is my best option with a select few bugging out to my place. Safety in numbers, with a well chosen array of people all family. Who have almost 50 yrs of military training, besides law enforcement, farming, mechanical and two with combined 50 yrs medical training ( one a doctor). All except a couple have been hunters and fisherman their whole lives. All are trained in firearms and survival.
We can grow our own food, have cattle, chickens, hogs and plan on goats hopefully in the near future. The prep and plans are there but even the most well layed out plans always have a snag. Just adapt and overcome.

And yes I to plan on dying at some point but maybe the younger ones can see any SHTF event through to the other side.
Sounds like a preppers dream! Y’alls gots children? Perhaps our clans can intermingle after SHTF and become allies, especially as our offspring seek mates to continue population in the new post apocalyptic world lol

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well at least the response here has been more realistic and also less making me want to see people swarmed by hornets.
As far as groups go my family and I are transplants so don't know many folks in the area got a really good friend out Ten Killer way but that's about it aside from a couple of old kooks I have befriended doing side jobs for them.

Almost Jack Burton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m planning on dying in anny major event.

Hunting and fishing wont last long. Too many people doing it. People seem to forget how bad game was in the early 1900s and that was with far fewer people. Need to form large groups, for protection, etc. That just doesnt sound fun
Yeah, cities would be a hell scape beyond imagination. Makes me think of the Fallen World sci-fi book series without the nanite enhanced good guys.
Haven't read too much into the situation in Haiti but from what I have heard it's hell, and with the way the Coof panic first played out I can only hope that the better side of humanity would come out but again with the way the Coof panic was at times that is less likely than me hitting a lottery jack pot and big brother not taking a cut🤣.

Almost Jack Burton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll get in the truck and leave everything behind, set my house on fire and collect ins maybe. Head to MT or WY. They dont play there. Not at all.
Not to get off subject but it's Weird you would say that, There are a couple Asian homeless people wandering around the West side/Bethany area with really nice overland packs and pretty decent looking gear(not guns or anything) but sleeping systems and not just Walmart sleeping bags mixed in with some haphazard stuff that almost looks like it meant give the appearance that they are normal homeless and don't have money.
I haven't stopped them obviously and interrogated them but if anyone reading this and thinks Im crazy or fueling conspiracy, please feel free to make a couple passes up and down North Rockwell up beyond 23rd up to Memorial and you will see them walking around.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to get off subject but it's Weird you would say that, There are a couple Asian homeless people wandering around the West side/Bethany area with really nice overland packs and pretty decent looking gear(not guns or anything) but sleeping systems and not just Walmart sleeping bags mixed in with some haphazard stuff that almost looks like it meant give the appearance that they are normal homeless and don't have money.
I haven't stopped them obviously and interrogated them but if anyone reading this and thinks Im crazy or fueling conspiracy, please feel free to make a couple passes up and down North Rockwell up beyond 23rd up to Memorial and you will see them walking around.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my Dad was alive, the plan was for us all to go to his place, and I had prepositioned ammo and food just in case. A lot has changed in 10 years, and my wife and I are now staying where we are and will be working with our neighbors.
My biggest concern right now depending on the “event” is how to get my daughter home from Norman. Fortunately, we’ve got family 5 miles from campus, and she knows she’s welcome there. My sons are grown and on their own, so I don’t necessarily feel they’re my responsibility anymore. If they want to come to my place, they’re obviously welcome, but they’ll have to figure out how to get here.

I used to think if a catastrophic event ever happened in this country it would be from a foreign country, but I’m more convinced every day that it will be carried out directly or indirectly by high ranking members democratic party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom