Shtf family logistics/movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll get in the truck and leave everything behind, set my house on fire and collect ins maybe. Head to MT or WY. They dont play there. Not at all.
You aren't going to collect insurance on a torched structure. Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims. They are in business to collect premiums and deny claims. Policies have terms to deny payments during civil insurrection actions....Trump Did It miracles.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this topic has a rather dark undertone and a lot of hypothetical scenarios but I had a discussion with a few different people not on here and the answers were all over the place so I figured I'd see what ya'all had to say.
So here goes.
In the case of either short term or long term catastrophic event whether it be Zombies(undead or antifa type), emp, Political scumbelly induced mutual destruction amongst countries, weather or whatever else.
What are your plans/ideas to keep those in your care safe when they are not able to either "bug out" or travel long distances at a time by foot? I'm referring to either children, disabled(physically or mentally) or just well beyond their prime.
This isn't a post to judge decisions that would possibly have to be made just a discussion of what you would theoretically do.
Paraphrasing Tyson.."Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".....or SHTF (added). Regardless of your preparation level, whatever occurs will result in a minute by minute decision event. Levels of prep merely give one more reaction options.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this topic has a rather dark undertone and a lot of hypothetical scenarios but I had a discussion with a few different people not on here and the answers were all over the place so I figured I'd see what ya'all had to say.
So here goes.
In the case of either short term or long term catastrophic event whether it be Zombies(undead or antifa type), emp, Political scumbelly induced mutual destruction amongst countries, weather or whatever else.
What are your plans/ideas to keep those in your care safe when they are not able to either "bug out" or travel long distances at a time by foot? I'm referring to either children, disabled(physically or mentally) or just well beyond their prime.
This isn't a post to judge decisions that would possibly have to be made just a discussion of what you would theoretically do.
In the condition SWMBO and I are in, "Die in place" is about our only option. I'd take her to my brother's new place in Missouri except that would increase the likelihood he and his wife would die. I will try to get my autistic son & trans-identifying child to go there. They'd be at least some help.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You aren't going to collect insurance on a torched structure. Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims. They are in business to collect premiums and deny claims. Policies have terms to deny payments during civil insurrection actions....Trump Did It miracles.
Those terms have been there longer than I've been alive. Can't blame Trump OR Biden for that.

Last edited:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. Policies have terms to deny payments during civil insurrection actions....Trump Did It mimiracles.
Unless Trump got some laws passed I'm not aware of. Don't you mean Democrats did it miracles by allowing the riots, pillaging and destruction of private property. Telling law enforcement to stand down so it could escalate and having a revolving door on jails so it could continue.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well at least the response here has been more realistic and also less making me want to see people swarmed by hornets.
As far as groups go my family and I are transplants so don't know many folks in the area got a really good friend out Ten Killer way but that's about it aside from a couple of old kooks I have befriended doing side jobs for them.
Yeah. I'm a refugee from California. Younger brother is recently settled in Southern Missouri about 444 miles from here,and a refugee from Colorado. Our youngest half-brother is an hour or two drive north of his place, near Springfield. The other half-sibs are mostly in Western Colorado or points farther west. All my neighbors I was prepping for are gone now, too. The little girls across the street now have multiple small children out of wedlock, and fixing the broken shift linkage in my "new" van was a two-day ordeal rather than the hour job it should heave been.

If I can die in battle I might make Valhalla. Don't think anyone else is really gonna want me.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An excellent book to read, by someone who lived through what's coming down the pike!
"SHTF Survival Stories
Memories from the Balkan War"
By Selco Begovic.
Sure changed the way I thought on several things

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An excellent book to read, by someone who lived through what's coming down the pike!
"SHTF Survival Stories
Memories from the Balkan War"
By Selco Begovic.
Sure changed the way I thought on several things
I’m not sure if it’s that book/author, but there was a guy making the rounds on prepper boards a few years ago telling a similar story that has been proven to be an imposter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom