Side Thread: Outlawing hog hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is quite a bold statement there. Not one that I necessarily agree with either. We obviously live in different parts.

I should of clarified. Aerial hunting and trapping of hogs is much more successful than with coyotes because of their habits. I would agree traditional hunting of either species can be very tough.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Weren't they like $1 a piece back in the day. I remember buying the spinners as a kid and always thinking I would get rich providing them with tails. Guess I never thought about the fact that I lived in NWOK which has never been accused of being a squirrel mecca.
No I didn't, but apparently, they still buy them.
http://www.mepps.com/programs/squirrel-tail/

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have read about cases in some liberal States where the Government has quit allowing private citizens to hunt Deer on public lands and instead use Government or contract workers to control the populations. Would asking the government to take over the killing of hogs to control populations be the nose under the tent for those who wish to ban all hunting? Yes I am paranoid. But yes it has happened in other communities in other States.

Michael

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have read about cases in some liberal States where the Government has quit allowing private citizens to hunt Deer on public lands and instead use Government or contract workers to control the populations. Would asking the government to take over the killing of hogs to control populations be the nose under the tent for those who wish to ban all hunting? Yes I am paranoid. But yes it has happened in other communities in other States.

Michael
I've read about that. Isn't most of it happening in suburbs, airports, and places like that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom