Sig 101 Thinking about making the switch - school me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to say the Glock is for everyone (it's not). But I do believe it has certain inherent qualities that make it faster at speed than many other designs. Quite frankly, when I'm doing it correctly I know specifically because it's not comfortable or natural. There's pressure on certain joints that keep things locked in place for faster shot to shot recovery.

I can run .15-.17 second splits with good hits at 7 yards with a Glock. I can get those times with a Sig, but not with good hits. The gun is just squirming around too much. It's a matter of physics, not psychology.

You mention competition and I understand your point. But I consider personal defense to be the ultimate competition. It only takes a millisecond to break a shot. If I can get good multiple hits on target a few hundredths of a second quicker, it might get me less shot. That's the most important thing in a gunfight.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 228 and 229 are essentially the same gun, (I posted the difference in the Sig 228R thread). If you want .40 or 357 Sig, you are stuck with the 229.

Either is basically the same as the 226. It's a little larger (think 1911 govt vs commander). Hold 'em both and see which fits your hand better. I like the 229.

Latest posts

Top Bottom