SIG P226 Dilemna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sent mine back. Local Smith suggested with it being a new gun to just send it back.

SIG told me they will fire it, and if the gun's not the problem they will charge me $100 bucks and send it back.

I told them to go right ahead and shoot it. I'm not a great shot, but I know when a very expensive gun is Jacked Up.

I think it has to do with the SIGLITE rear sights and the TRUGLO Fiber Optic Front sight, which the TACOP has.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are aware that Sig uses the "Combat sight" set up, right (aka, cover-n-kill)? Your front sight does not take a 6 o'clock hold to the target, it is set to cover the target. Where the white dot goes, the holes go. It is a mindset change, but it works just like the XS sights. Your description of hits sounds like this is the issue...

On the "X" cut the "X". All my SIG's were that way. The only one I have left is my P225, only because she fits my hand the best.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent mine back. Local Smith suggested with it being a new gun to just send it back.

SIG told me they will fire it, and if the gun's not the problem they will charge me $100 bucks and send it back.

I told them to go right ahead and shoot it. I'm not a great shot, but I know when a very expensive gun is Jacked Up.

I think it has to do with the SIGLITE rear sights and the TRUGLO Fiber Optic Front sight, which the TACOP has.

Now that is a bunch of crap!! If I paid good money for a highend gun like a sig for example, and they told me if nothing was wrong they'd charge me $100. OMG, I'd blow a gasket!!
I had issues with a springfield 1911 buring break-in. Guy at springfield said sure send it in. Soon as they get it, if it has issues while shooting they will make it right. If it shot fine, they would just box it back up and send it back to me. BUT there was not going to be any charges to check it out either way. I think I'd raise a stink it they try to charge you. That is crappy for a name brand company to charge like that. Makes me not want to own one...

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you have to look at both sides of the coin. If there really is a mechanical issue with the gun then it should be covered by the warranty. If its a shooter issue or error then why should any manufacturer have to cover that? Can you imagine how many firearms would be returned to the manufacturer because of shooter error.

I hope the OP gets some good answers to his particular problem. Good luck!

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SIG Made it right. They confirmed sights were way off and replaced, free of charges. Already have it back, but haven't shot it. They sent along two targets shot after the repairs. Both dead center bulls-eyes.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig offers a variety of front and rear sight heights. You need either a lower front sight or higher rear sight. Using basic trigenometry and the distance betwwen the friont and rear sight, target distance and distance from point of aim you should be able to determine the correct dight to use. Check the Sig website for the asights.
Bought a new P226 Tac-Ops and at 10 yards, everythings is low by about 3-4". A Couple other people shot it with somewhat the same results. Nephew shot it and was right on, but said he was compensating based on what we did.

What's/Where/How is a quick, cheap, easy way in Tulsa for someone to put it in a gun vise and find out if the gun is shooting accurately or is it the shooters.

Not a problem with other guns I have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom