SIG P228's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those "fair" guns look pretty rough to me.

All said and done it's not too bad if you have Mike 'kote it.

Not as hot as the $275 Sig P6s and GP100s, though. We've been spoiled. :D

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, after transfer fees that's not that good of a deal. Those P228's look like they've been rode pretty hard. Gun, transfer fees, gunsmith looking it over, and refinishing=not that good of a deal. YMMV

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The link to the surplus ones has new 228R's for $799. After my $100 military rebate LINK, it's $699.

I don't want one though, and bought a new two tone 229 (with night sights and 2ea 13rd mags) for $750 (with rebate). The 229 replaced the 228.

You truly deserve the rebate, congratulations and many thanks for your service. My military days are long past. I bought a 228R locally for about $850 plus tax. It came with two 13 rd mags, night sights and a short trigger. Very pleased with the all German gun.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The P228 is one of my favorite SIG's. However, they need to be ~ $600 to be a good value. The best value in SIG's these days are the 2022's. These are great guns, and can be found for sub-$500 prices. Stainless slide, night sights and hi-caps; you're good to go. Also, SIG quality in general has hit a downturn as of the last year or so. I don't know if this has to do with the Kimber "philosophy" joining SIG, or what - their QC is crap. I appreciate some of the new models they've come out with, but it's been too many too soon. They need to take their time and specialize like they used to. My $0.02
Back on topic: If I were buying a P228 today, it would definitely be an older one (pre-rail). You can find a good price on a P228 from time to time, if you keep an eye out. The P228's are hyper-inflated right now due to supply drying up. I don't think we've seen the last of the P228's - they always seem to come back. I just hope they will improve their QC, and make it without that crappy rail on it. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom