Sight options for a Kahr CW45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not digging the factory sights on my new KAHR CW45. Does anyone have any experience replacing the sights on this specific model? Their website is rather confusing, and apparently do not offer any options for this specific model.

I'd like some fiber optic sights....

Any input would be appreciated!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recieved the latest Shooting Times magazine in the mail today (February 2010) It had a Quick Shot article about the Kahr CW4543 .45 ACP Semiauto -- from the article it reads " ... the polymer front sight is staked in place, and there is no retrofit night sight availible. Kahr sales manager Frank Harris said the company is collaborating with Meprolite to soon remedy this shortcoming.

I guess you can Email kahr or Meprolite and see when they will have those sights availible.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My CW9 had a pinned front sight also, but I took it to a smith and had it dovetailed and night sights installed. I wouldn't take it where I had mine done, but you might check with Olyeller. At one time, he was advertising the service on the CW's.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried replacing the sights on my P45; wasn't the prettiest job I have ever done -- the factory sight were installed very, VERY tight -- the new sights were not compatible -- you have to make sure you get the right sights -- had to reinstall old -- Like I said, not to pretty but they work. Still trying to figure out which option to go with.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of you guys want to measure the front sight height, from the top of the slide to the top of the blade?

Ill be able to tell you about options once I know.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not hard to do.

The plastic stake-on sights are flimsy.

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_kahrs_DSCN3469.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_kahrs_DSCN3472.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_kahrs_DSCN3473.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom