Sighted in my son's Marlin 336W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got home from a sucessful trip out to my buddy's place off of Banner Road. Took my 10 year old out to sight in his new 3030. We had a nice high berm to set our target up at 50 yards. We borrowed his bench and I brought my bags. I used the 2 shot method for sighting in the scope which worked like a champ. We went over safe gun handing instructions again (for the 3rd time). He had never shot a high powered rifle or used a scope but we had discussed how it was done countless times. He hit within 5" of the bulls eye on his first shot. Subsequent shots were better. On his 5th and last shot he was about 1" below and to the right of the bulls eye. I'm so proud of him I could bust. We finished up our outing shooting a bunch of 22 in his Buckmark and I shot my new to me CZ82. He's pumped about the upcoming youth season. Now I've just got to make the time to get up to my sister's place and do some tree trimming and get my stands put up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom